Events coming up in May
As part of the SSFM International Tiny House Competition, students in our IET Academy will have their entry on display on the State Capitol Lawn until May 15th. On May 9th, our students will be adding solar panels, light fixtures and window boxes to complete their entry. Show your support by stopping by and voting for our entry into the competition. VOTE NOW for the IET entry at http://bit.ly/IETTinyHousepoll
Waipahu High will be honoring our students at the Awards night on May 14th at the school’s cafeteria. The evening will start at 5pm.
Arts and Communication Academy show off their stuff.
On May 1st, our Arts and Communication Academy will have an exhibition of student products in the school’s Cafeteria and Library. Join us for an evening of music, dance and drama performances and stroll through the gallery of paintings, print and fashion. It is open to the public. Hope to see you there.
Waipahu High School Choirs presents “A Journey Ahead” at their Aloha Concert on Saturday, May 4th starting at 5 pm at the school’s cafeteria. Join the Chamber Choir, Concert Choir and the Marauder Chorus, along with our special guest singers from Honowai Elementary as they perform one final time for this school year. Admission is free and a concession stand will be available.
Waipahu High School Band will hold their Aloha Concert on May 11 at the Pearl City Cultural Center. Concert starts at 6 pm. Check back for updates on performances.
Spring sports update – upcoming State competition Update 5/5/19
Congratulations to the following Marauders for qualifying for the State finals in their respective sports
Girls Softball Team, State DII Softball Championship on Maui – May 1st – 4th
- Girls played in two tourney games
- Congratulations to the following players for making the ALL-OIA DII team on Scoringlive.com
- Taylor Fukunaga, 1st team Utility Player
- Syan Yamamoto, 2nd team Infielder
- Kendrea Cordeiro-Felise, Kristy Kitabayashi, Honorable Mention
Boys and Girls State Judo Championships at the Stan Sheriff Center - May 4th
- Dallas Inis 122lbs (6th place)
Boys and Girls Track Team, State Track and Field Championship on Maui – May 2nd – 5th
- Jocelyn Saribay, 2019 Girls Shot Put Champion (1st), Discus (6th place)
- Danica Baxa, 100 m dash (6th place)
- Judy Ann Cabico, 100 m hurdles (7th place)
- Girls team placed 11th in the State
Reyan Lee, State Girls Golf Tourney in Kona – May 6th – 8th
Ethan Toledo, State Tennis Tourney in Kona - May 8th - 11th
Alex Tokunaga, State Boys Golf Tourney in Kona – May 8th – 10th
Boy’s Baseball team, State DII Baseball Championship on Kauai – May 9th-11th. The baseball team finished runner-up in the OIA DII Baseball playoffs.
- The baseball team tied for fifth place in the DII State tourney.