Three Academies at Waipahu High School recently completed the certification process in September 2020 and has been recognized as a National Model Academy by the National Career Academy Coalition (NCAC). To receive Model Academy status, each academy received outstanding scores on NCAC's Ten National Standards of Practice (NSOP) for Career Academies. (Read about the NSOP below in the attachment)
Along with two Academies that received model status the year before, Waipahu High School is now a wall-to-wall national model academy high school. We are the first high school in Hawaii and one of the few across the country to have all academies receive model status. Our Academy design listing the 21 pathways and industry certifications is also attached. Every student receiving a diploma will graduate from a nationally recognized academy.
CONGRATULATIONS to the following academies for attaining national recognition:
- Academy of Arts & Communication - 2020 National Model Academy
- Academy of Industrial & Engineering Technology - 2020 National Model Academy with Distinction
- Academy of Professional and Public Services - 2020 National Model Academy with Distinction
- Academy of Health & Sciences - 2019 National Model Academy with Distinction
- Academy of Natural Resources - 2019 National Model Academy with Distinction
To ready more about the NCAC organization, visit their website at https://www.ncacinc.com/.